- FIVE YEARS -
Set up email in Mozilla Thunderbird
How do I set up email in Thunderbird?
8 February 2018
To set up email in Thunderbird you need the following information from your email host:
- Incoming Mail server (i.e. mail.yourdomain.co.uk)
- Outgoing Mail server (i.e. mail.yourdomain.co.uk)
- Username (usually your email address)
- Email Password
Manual Set up
- Navigate to Add existing mail account
Enter your Name
Enter your Email Address
Enter your Password
Tick Remember Password
- File > New > Existing Mail Account
Thunderbird will then try to automatically configure your email settings. We recommend continuing with the manual setup to ensure these are added correctly
Click Manual Config
Input Incoming & Outgoing Mail Server Hostname
- Usually mail.yourdomain.co.uk
- Usually your email address i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org
Thunderbird will then verify your settings. If there are any problems, you'll get an error. If this is the case, simply go back through these steps and ensure you've entered all information correctly.
Need more help?
If you're a Twist Development customer you can get in touch for support any time by email or phone. click here for details